With countless food parks cropping up all over Metro Manila, it’s about time that the South of the Metro gets its fair share of the action.
The South District is the newest food hall in Alabang Hills, located on the fourth floor of lifestyle mall Madison Galeries. The recently opened one-of-a-kind place forms a gastronomic district that’s sure to be the newest go-to destination for food and fun in the South.
Unlike ordinary food parks with cookie-cutter choices, The South District has a carefully chosen selection of stalls that offer unique and delicious new food concepts, as well as familiar favorites that are opening their first outlets in the South. From inventive Fil-Mex to creative cocktails, this wonderland offers a smorgasbord of great eats that can be sampled and discovered in one single destination. Even better, everything is affordably priced, so you can let your taste buds explore without breaking the bank.
Aside from enticing offerings, The South District offers a modern and elegantly designed space that feels both comfortable and upscale, created by renowned interior designer Chat Fores (who also designed Gramercy 71). The communal dining hall has an industrial vibe but detailed with chic fixings and a cozy mix of tables and chairs, from high bar stools to leatherette couches, making it Instagram-worthy. The homey, fun and attractive ambiance is perfect for team lunches, post-work drinks, weekend hangout sessions, and even Sunday dinners. The food hall is also open until 10 PM from Sunday to Thursdays and 12 midnight on Fridays and Saturdays for night owls looking for a place to hang out late in the South.
With seven stalls in the food hall, everyone will enjoy the adventure of discovering all the goodies that The South District has to offer:
- Filipinos consider fried chicken their comfort food, and Bronx Fried Chicken offers big and boneless fried chicken with unique flavors inspired by the streets of the Bronx: the delightfully extra-crunchy “Notorious” and the crispy, beer-battered “Brewsky.” Dip your choice of chicken into any of their five yummy dips—gravy, taco cheese, sriracha ketchup, adobo and BBQ!
- Meat lovers will definitely love the offerings from Chef T! Choose from their premium carvings to their sumptuous sizzling fare, then pair with your favorite sides for a full meal. Their Roast Beef is already an early favorite, and is sure to be a classic amongst diners. (Opening soon)
- Dos Bandidos offers the best fusion of Filipino and Mexican flavors: aligue shrimp, lechon, chicken inasal, and chorizo topped with chicharon. Try any (or all!) of their flavors in your choice of tacos, burritors or quesadillas, and throw in their irresistible and addicting Queso de Bomba, croquettes filled with quezo de bola.
- Healthy eats are finally in the South with the first outlet of Juju Eats in Alabang! You don’t have to go far to find their detoxifying juices and smoothies, but their full menu of salads, wraps, sandwiches, pastas and other selections allows you eat clean and delicious at the same time.
- Liquid Luck is the mini beverage bar at the corner of The South District, serving up an incredible selection of drinks to fuel anyone’s thirst. While they have refreshing softdrinks and creative cocktails already available, they’ll be completing their menu with more drinks like coffee and even slushies.
- Nolita has made a name for itself for its New York-style eats in Metro Manila, and now their creative pizza slices, Angus all-beef burgers, Buffalo wings and filling bar grub also in the South! (Opening soon)
- Finally, Tix Mix serves up authentic and incredibly flavorful Arabic, Indian, and Persian fare in generous servings, and all for affordable prices. Its menu is delightfully chock-full of savory appetizers and main dishes that you will keep coming back to The South District for: hummus, falafels, shawarma, kebabs, biryanis, and more.
The South District is open from 11:30 AM to 10 PM on Sundays to Thursdays, and from 11:30 AM to 12 midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. It is located on the 4/F Madison Galeries, 398 Don Jesus Boulevard, Alabang Hills. For more information, follow them on Facebook (facebook.com/thesouthdistrictph).