To further help commuters in the city and to set order within the public utility vehicle system, Muntinlupa City Hall will be designating PUV stops around the city starting June 25.
Public Utility Vehicles will now be asked to stop to pick up and drop off passengers in identified areas along National Road and Alabang-Zapote Road.
The areas were identified based on studies by the Muntinlupa Traffic Management Bureau.
The identified routes will be:
1) Alabang-Zapote Road to Starmall Alabang (from Buencamino St. or Honda Alabang and vice versa)
2) National Road (Alabang to Tunasan)
The Alabang-Zapote Route will also pass through RITM, Asian Hospital and Ospital ng Muntinlupa to further assist the city’s frontliners.
The Alabang/Tunasan Route will pass through Bayanan, Putatan, Medical Center Muntinlupa, City Hall, Poblacion and will be until the Muntinlupa boundary with San Pedro, Laguna.
Pick-up and Drop-off Points:
A. Ospital ng Muntinlupa**
B. Asian Hospital**
D. Northgate (Westgate)
E. Alabang Town Center
F. Madrigal (Molito)
G. Alabang Hills (Acacia Ave.)
H. Buencamino (Honda Alabang)
**these route and pick up/drop off points are only applicable for Hatid Serbisyo Service Vehicles by the City Government
1. Ayala Malls Southpark
2. Bautista Intersection in Bayanan (Pleasant Village and Super8)
3. Purok 1 in Bayanan (Nav’s and Summit Circle)
5. Soldier’s Hills
6. City Hall (Landbank, MCM, Bruger and Greenheights/Lakeview)
7. Bucal in Quezon St. in Poblacion (Country Homes)
8. Poblacion (Plaza Central, Rizal St., Katihan St. and Kaibigan)
9. Centennial Ave. (PNP Headquarters, CHQ, Museo ng Muntinlupa and Susana Heights)
10. Hall of Justice (JPA)
11. Camella 3/Sto. Nino Village
12. Pepsi/Lodora Village
13. SM Center Muntinlupa (LTO)
14. Rodriguez in Tunasan Proper (Parkhomes)
15. St. Peregrine/Lyceum of Alabang
17. Villa Carolina 1
18. Pacwood/Muntinlupa-Laguna Boundary
All PUV “stops” will have markers which will have the following info:
1. Current Stop
2. Next Stop
3. Route Overview
Physical Distancing will be observed in all pick-up and drop-off points, according to MTMB as they called on all commuters from the city to cooperate and observe proper community quarantine guidelines including wearing of masks, among others.
This is a good chance for the public transportation in the city to be organized moving forward.
Good job, Muntinlupa!