VIDEO: Kids seen throwing rocks at vehicles along MCX; Management says they are working with local authorities to address the situation
“MCX Tollway Inc.’s top priority is to ensure the safety of all motorists within the expressway.”
This was the statement given by AC Infrastructure Holdings Corporation, the company that manages MCX, to Alabang Bulletin in relation to an article posted last April 14 narrating a spate of stone throwing incidents along the Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway.
In addition to the statement, AC Infrastructure also noted that they had “provided immediate assistance and addressed the concerns of affected motorists.”
“To monitor potential sources of disruption outside the expressway, Barangay Poblacion and the PNP Police Community Precinct-6 have committed to increase its patrolling efforts and strengthen their visibility in identified sections,” the statement read.
They added that in partnership with Barangay Poblacion officials, they have both deployed patrollers and additional barangay tanods to man the identified critical areas.
From 26 incidents in 2016 to 14 in 2017 and 5 in 2018, there have only been 8 incidents so far this year.
In connection with these efforts, a 13-year-old boy was apprehended by the PNP this afternoon as two concerned citizens were able to spot children throwing rocks at vehicles passing MCX around 5:30 this afternoon.
In the video, it can be seen that five or six children were huddled together and throwing the rocks.
Or view the video here: Children caught throwing rocks into MCX
“This was taken in Sampaguita NBP Reservation in Barangay Poblacion while we were biking,” said the video sender who wanted to remain anonymous, saying the video was cut short since they immediately went to the nearest police station.
Fortunately, the police were quick enough to capture one suspect.
The suspect said that he and his cohorts were from Southville in Muntinlupa and were aged 13 to 18 years old.
They were said to be throwing debris from the vacant lot for around 5 minutes and were said to have hit a couple of vehicles.
As of this writing, no victims have been identified but the police station is encouraging victims to file a complaint in their precinct.
Hopefully, with the apprehension of one suspect, the other suspects will also be identified and this fearless and shameless act can be dealt with finally so as not to seriously injure any motorist passing MCX.
The police from Precinct 6 was scheduled to visit the home of the apprehended child to talk to his parents and to identify the other children that were with him in the video.
In the end, the MCX management said they will “remain vigilant to ensure the safety of all motorists and is committed to work with the local authorities to respond to the needs of the nearby communities.”
This is Ian Garcia Luminario from GMA News and Public Affairs. The leading News network in the Philippines. We’ve watched your video of a car being by a stone in mcx. With this, may we asked for permission for us to use the said video on our newscasts? Rest assured that we will include proper courtesies in each time that we will air the material. Thank you and God Bless
Hey MCX, what are you doing?
We were 6 vehicles that were victimized last night of this stone throwing.
You know what the patrol personnel did? They just log our name and vehicle number after an hour of waiting for their actions.
These guys are useless. Even the barangays are not doing anything about this. I will just bring my gun and shoot those idiots throwing stoones.