Fire kills baby in Muntinlupa
Philippine Daily Inquirer 4:01 AM | Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
MANILA, Philippines–A seven-month-old baby boy died of suffocation after a fire broke out in a two-story house in Purok 1, Barangay (village) Buli in Muntinlupa City on Sunday afternoon.
Shamile Xyron San Juan’s body was found in the room on the ground floor being rented by his parents, Yoli Mae and Robert San Juan, who were not at home when the blaze started.
Arson investigator SFO2 Rodolfo Aguilar said that they received a report about the fire at 5:20 p.m. “All the other occupants who were renting rooms in the house and who happened to be there at that time managed to get out. They told us there was a baby and we found him in the room as we tried to put out the fire,” Aguilar added.
The victim was rushed to Ospital ng Muntinlupa where he was declared dead on arrival.
The fire, which reached the second alarm, was put out at 5:50 p.m.
Authorities estimated the damage to property at P100,000. Aguilar said the fire was caused by a fan that overheated in the San Juans’ room.–Kristine Felisse Mangunay
Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/651331/fire-kills-baby-in-muntinlupa#ixzz3JNqXX500
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook