BF Resort past president reports on status of village
BF Resort Village Association immediate past president Atty. Myrna Mercader’s office sent us this circular (we don’t know for what reason but this is still news so here we go) so we are printing it for BF Resort villagers and those who are interested to find out the status of the Las Pinas village.
Here is the letter in its entirety:
June 30, 2011
For : All BFRV Homeowners
From : ATTY. MYRNA C. MERCADER
Immediate Past President (2010-2011)
Subject: Report of Achievements of the Board of Directors under
the Immediate Past Presidency of Atty. Myrna C. Mercader
for the Period July 1, 2010 to June 15, 2011
Hereunder are some of the major tasks and projects that the Board of Directors of the BF Resort Village Homeowners Association, Inc. (BFRVHAI) achieved under my Presidency as of this writing. This list is not complete due to lack of space.
The achievements listed hereinbelow may be summarized, thus:
Growth of the cash holdings of BFRVHAI from over Php800 thousand as of July 1, 2010 to P10.5 million as of May 31, 2011; improved services to the homeowners/lessees; strengthened internal control system (especially those that involve cash handling and safekeeping); improved accounting and record-keeping system; upkeep and maintenance of the clubhouse and its premises as well as the village premises; improved security services; others.
A. On Financial Resources:
1. Build-up of cash from barely Php800 Thousand in July 2010 to Php10.5 million as of May 31,
2011, with all payables updated except Meralco bills on account of the pending Meralco
2. Set up of separate accounts for the different bond liabilities;
3. Spread cash holdings to different depository banks to be within the Php500k PDIC insurance
B. On Strengthened Internal Control System:
1. Hired the Finance Officer of the Association (vacant for long time)
2. Hired the Bookkeeper of the Association (vacant for long time)
3. Strengthened internal control measures on and including:
· Cash holdings and accountabilities
· Collections from the swimming pools
· Collections from the gates (controls)
· Regular and unannounced cash counts of
· cash holdings of cash custodians
· Keeping of all cash on hand inside the cash vault
· Property custodianship
· Regular financial reporting
· Regular and up-to-date keeping of the books of accounts
· Updated registration of the books of accounts and official receipts with BIR
· Custodianship and safekeeping of accountable forms and documents put under the custodianship of the Finance Officer to safeguard the same
· Financial reports and documents put and kept under the custodianship of the Finance Officer for their safekeeping
· Purchase of a filing cabinet with built-in-vault to safeguard daily cash holdings
· Careful and objective review of all contracts for the BFRVHAI.
C. On Association Rules and Regulations as well as Operating Policies
1. Approved rules and regulations as well as operating policies designed to protect the
Association and to safeguard its assets.
D. On Personnel Concerns:
1. Sponsored certain personnel benefits to improve the general welfare of the employees;
2. Introduced the merit and award system
3. Introduced the Performance Rating System
4. Conducted monthly personnel meetings
5. Fostered camaraderie among the employees
6. Instilled discipline among the employees
7. Updated personnel records and contributions to the various government agencies
concerned: SSS, Phil Health, BIR, etc.
E. On Clubhouse Maintenance
1. Renovated and repainted the clubhouse
2. Cleaned the clubhouse social hall and offices
3. Repaired, cleaned, and maintained the swimming pools and their premises
4. Scrubbed, repainted and cleaned the shower and dressing rooms as well as comfort rooms
5. Cleaned of the clubhouse premises (front, side, and back)
6. Rehabilitated, lighted up, and landscaped the jogging lane, including the benches
7. Trimmed and maintained the trees within the clubhouse premises
8. Kept the clubhouse and its premises well lighted
9. Landscaped the clubhouse and jogging lane premises
10. Removed and cleaned up the rotten buildings within the clubhouse premises
F. On Guard Houses/Gates/Entrances
1. Repainted the guardhouses and Control Office
2. Repaired and repainted gates
3. Lighted and cleaned the guardhouses
4. Installed, repaired and maintained the guardhouse booms.
G. On Village Maintenance
1. Revived the lighting along JB Tan corner Capitoline, that remained dark for years
2. Grass cut and mopped up vacant lots
3. Declogged and maintained drainage system
4. Trimmed and maintained trees
5. Constructed, repaired, and repainted humps
6. Maintained the non-friendship (secondary) streets
7. Coordinated with the City Hall on the repair of friendship roads
H. On the Waste Management System (WMS)
1. Developed and operationalized the WMS, where junk collectors in uniform were accredited
and who sold their kalakals to the Association. On the same day, the same kalakals are sold
to the accredited junk shop operators. WMS reduced the problem of scavenging that posed
as risks to the security of the homeowners, while earning respectable profits out of the WMS
operations. With a start up capital of over P80,000.00, the fund is now about P600,000.00.
I. On the Improvement of Security Services
1. Monitored daily the gating services of the security guards
2. Monitored daily the roving services of the security guards
3. Reviewed the daily security reports
4. Recommended remedial/corrected measures on security problems that
J. On Installation of the BFRVHAI Official Bulletin Board
1. The official BFRVHAI bulletin board was put up, where all notices, periodic reports, and other
announcement as wells as new and developments are posted.
K. On Maintenance and Purchase of Transportation Equipment
1.Maintained the dump truck, old L300, Suzuki, and other transportation equipment of the
2.Purchased a new L300 van.
3.Construction of Garage to house and protect the BFRVHAI vehicles
L. On the Display of Pictures of Past Presidents and Current Officers and Directors of the
1. The pictures of past presidents and those of the present officers and directors of the
Association are now on display at the social hall of the Clubhouse to orient the homeowners
of their identities.
M. On Mediation of Complaints of Affected Homeowners
1. Resolved, mediated, and/or acted upon complaints of affected homeowners.
N. On the Humanitarian and Social Aspects
1. Approved the Damayan Program for homeowners
2. Approved the Damayan Program for employees
3. Approved the Damayan Program for past and present directors
4. Conducted outreach programs for the less privileged
5. Visited and condoned with the bereaved families of employees and
homeowners who passed away
6. Attended to the problems of members brought to the attention of the
Association, thru the President
7. Restored the flag raising ceremonies every Monday
O. On Meralco Posts Inside BF Resort Village:
1. Caused the joint inventory with Meralco of Meralco Posts within the
BF Resort Village;
2. Caused the Sectoralization of Meralco posts within the BF Resort Village
P. On Participation and Cooperation in re: Church Activities
1. The Association, its Directors, Officers, and employees participated and cooperated
with the various activities of the Mary Mother of the Church on a year-round basis.
Q. On Sectoral Outreach Programs
1. The Directors, Officers, and employees of the Association assisted the different
sectors in their respective needs ranging from security, maintenance, sports, and
2. Held sectoral meetings (all sectors and individual sectors) to reach out to and
report the latest developments to them.
R. On Water Supply
1. Continued the legal battle with BF Homes and Philippine Waterworks Construction
Corporation before the (on a pro bono basis):
66.1. National Water Resources Board (NWRB);
66.2. Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB);
66.3. Court of Appeals (CA);
66.4. Regional Trial Court of Las Pinas City, Branch 255.
2. Negotiated with the following agencies for the entry into the BF Resort Village
2.1. Maynilad; 2.2. BF Homes; 2.3. Office of the Mayor, Las Pinas City
S. On Coordination with the Barangay Talon Dos
1. Coordinated very well with the Barangay Talon dos on the various activities relative to the
maintenance of the premises of the village, maintenance of peace and order; and on the
settlement of homeowners disputes.
T. On Coordination with the City of Las Pinas
1. Coordinated with the Office of the Mayor and the other offices of Las Pinas City for the
delivery of basic services to the homeowners.
U. On Various Programs Undertaken
1. Christmas Bazaar to raise the 13th month fund for employees
2. Summer Bazaar
Las Pinas City, June 30, 2011.
ATTY. MYRNA C. MERCADER
Immediate Past President
Hon. Vergel “Nene” Aguilar Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB)
Mayor, Las Pinas City NCRFO
(by registered mail with return card)
Hon. Luis Bustamante Hon. Danny Hernandez
Vice Mayor Councilor
Las Pinas City Las Pinas City
Hon. Ruben Sanchez
Chairman, Brgy Talon Dos
Las Pinas City