New Skyway traffic scheme to be implemented come February 2020
As part of its efforts to alleviate the traffic in the South while the Skyway Extension Project is on-going, the Skyway management revealed plans of a new traffic scheme it will be implementing to try to ease traffic flow in the area.
Starting Feb. 16, 2020, these following schemes will be implemented:
– The closure of one southbound lane (Lane 3) of Skyway at-grade and the northbound lane of the West Service Road from the Sucat Interchange to Alabang Viaduct.
– Closures of southbound Alabang exit plaza (beside the Alabang viaduct) and the nearby southbound Bunye South Station (heading to Crimson, Filinvest).
The work in the area will last up to six weeks, according to authorities.
Specifically, the new traffic scheme will be as follows:
For the closure of one at-grade southbound lane (Lane 3) at Skyway At-grade and portion of West Service Road northbound.
– Class 1 Vehicles bound to Skyway NB at-grade, from Alabang-Zapote Road will take Filinvest Ave., turn left to Parkway St., then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound entry.
– Class 1 Vehicles bound to Skyway NB elevated, from Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Ave., turn left to Parkway St., then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound entry. Keep right and use the ramp before the Sucat interchange (On-ramp to Skyway Main Plaza).
– Class 1 and 2 vehicles bound to East Service Road, take a U-Turn at the Alabang Viaduct Ilalim in front of Starmall.
As for the closure of the toll plazas, the new traffic scheme will be as follows:
– Class 1 and 2 vehicles headed to Alabang or Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Corporate Ave., right to Civic Drive, right again at Corporate Ave., then right to Alabang –Zapote Road towards their destination.
– Class 1, 2, and 3 vehicles bound for Alabang, Putatan, and National Road can take the Susana Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Susana Heights Ave., and turn either left or right on the National Road to their respective destinations
– Class 1 Vehicles bound for Alabang–Zapote Road, Filinvest, or Daang Hari may choose any of the following routes:
– Take Filinvest exit, straight to Filinvest Ave., left to Commerce Avenue and/or left Alabang – Zapote Road to destination and/or;
– Take Filinvest exit, right to Corporate Ave., left to Commerce Ave., right to Filinvest Ave., left to Alabang–Zapote Road.
According to autoindustriya.com, “the Skyway Extension Project will add two lanes going north for a total of five northbound lanes, and three lanes going south for a total of four southbound lanes. It will increase the Skyway’s capacity by 4,500 vehicles per hour northbound, and 3,000 vehicles per hour southbound, giving motorists from Cavite, Laguna, Batangas and beyond, greater ease of travel to, or from, Metro Manila.”
The Skyway management and DPWH are calling on everyone to be more patient as completion of the said project is set for December 2020.