Here is an article we wrote for Juan Philippines Magazine years back:
TRAVEL LIGHT, TRAVEL RIGHT
- Pack light. Bring only essentials like sunscreen, medicine, at least two swimsuits, extra plastic bags, a pair of slippers, one formal clothing (just in case),toiletries, camera and extra money.
- Plan your outfits prior to leaving to avoid packing too much or too little.
- Write down all you intend to do to be more organized.
- Keep your cash hidden in different places—just in case you lose something.
- Make sure you leave some room in your luggage for souvenirs or purchases.
- Research about the place before travelling. It’s best to be informed about weather conditions, local customs, hangouts, etc.
- ID, ID, ID! Always make sure that it’s with you because that is your identity wherever you go.