As we are once again in the midst of another super typhoon, according to Pagasa, here are some tips on how everyone can remain safe and secured during a typhoon:
- Stay indoors and keep calm
- Monitor TV and radio reports.
- Secure your home.
- Trim trees near dwellings.
- Keep roads clear for emergency vehicles.
- If your house is in a flood-prone area, go to the nearest designated evacuation center.
- Have a flashlight and radio handy, with fresh batteries.
- Stock up on food, potable water, kerosene, batteries and first-aid supplies.
- In case of flooding, turn off the main sources of electricity, gas and water in your home.
- Stack furniture above the expected flood level. Keep appliances, valuables, chemicals, toxic substances and garbage beyond reach of floodwaters.
- Avoid low-lying areas, riverbanks, creeks and coastal areas, slopes, cliffs and foothills. Rains can trigger landslides, rockslides or mudslides.
- Avoid wading through flooded areas. Do not attempt to cross flowing streams.
- Do not operate any electrical equipment during a flood.
- Do not use gas or electrical appliances that have been flooded.
Source: Safe Ka Ba? from NDCC-OCD
Please feel free to share this post to your friends so we can all be safe and ready when typhoons hit the country.