Fire prevention tips from the Bureau of Fire Protection

We know that the Fire Prevention Month has just ended but Alabang Bulletin feels that we should still help out in preserving your properties and lives.

So here are some tips that you can follow for you to prevent fire in your area or in your own house:

* Put phone numbers of your nearest fire department near your phone. (or save them on your cellphones — Editor’s Note)
* Eliminate fire hazards through good housekeeping: dispose waste paper, rubbish and other flammable materials regularly.
* Keep matches out of children’s reach.
* Oil or gas lamps and candles should be placed away from curtains. Do not light them near windows, fans or where children or pets may topple them. Put out the flame before going to bed.
* Do not keep flammable materials like gasoline, alcohol and paint inside the house.
* Regularly check your electrical installations, and have all frayed wirings and electrical fixtures changed or repaired by a licensed electrician.
* Do not overload electrical circuits by putting additional lights and appliances.
* Blown fuses should not be replaced with coins, wires or any other metal.
* Never leave a lighted cigarette/cigar/pipe unattended. This may fall on flammable materials.
* Keep a first-aid kit handy.

These are just some precautionary measures. We hope that you follow all of them so as to prevent fire from eating up your homes.

You may also like...