Paranaque offers summer job opportunities for the youth

Aiming to mold the youth into responsible and productive citizens, the Local Government of Parañaque through its Parañaque Livelihood, Resource Management Office (PLRMO) launched this year’s edition of the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES), in partnership with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
     SPES is an annual program that provides opportunities to students to earn income during the summer break which they can use to pay their tuition fees for the oncoming semester.

     The program caters to high school and college students, ages 17- 25 years old, mainly from poor families. Beneficiaries of the SPES program are assigned to the different departments in the city government where they are trained in the facets of the public service work of the said offices.

     Slated for May 2- 27 2011, the 200 Parañaque SPES trainees will be receiving a daily wage of Php 404.00 or a total of Php 8,080.00 for 20 days of on-the-job training. 60% of the salary will come from the Parañaque City Government while the remaining 40% will be provided by DOLE.
     “It has always been our goal to train our youth for their future roles in the society. SPES is a way for developing skills, positive attitudes and winning traits and learning valuable lessons that are not part of the academic curriculum and therefore not taught in classrooms. It is also a means for earning income, an aid to marginalized families to see through their children to college.” Parañaque Mayor Jun Bernabe said.
     “We thank our city government, Mayor Jun Bernabe, DOLE and PLRMO Chief Ms. Doris Marquez for helping us students continue our studies.”, SPES trainees said.

You may also like...

No Responses

  1. chay says:

    is this still open for hiring?

  2. charlene joy maylaco says:

    is this advertisement still available?